“You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!” – Prince
- Drops totems specific for your group.
- Earth Shield the Tank and keep it up at all times. This will help heal if you are on the move.
- Ignore enfeeble, you can still cast heals without issue and if you are at or past the 30 yard line you are safe.
- Don’t heal those with enfeeble…it doesn’t do anything and when enfeeble is over their HP will go back to what it was prior to the enfeeble.
- Keep the tank’s health up at all times, Prince can hit hard and if you and the raid are behind on heals, the tank can go down quick.
- Move from infernals if needed.
At 60% Prince will enter phase two. He will summon axes that will substantialy increase his damage. Infernals, shadow word pain and enfeeble continue as they did in phase one.
- Keep casting Earth Shield on the tank.
- If threat is an issue with casters in your group, drop the Tranquil Air Totem. It wont reduce the threat a ton, but every little bit helps
- Drop Mana Tide if mana is an issue, also pop a mana pot. The timers for both should be up before the end of the fight allowing you to drop and pop again to get to the end of the fight with some mana.
- Keep heals up on the tank…this is the phase where the tank will take the most damage and is the time that you are most in danger of loosing him.
At 30%, Prince’s damage goes back to phase one levels, but now infernals will be dropping at a faster rate and Prince’s axes will start warping to players causing damage to those who are not in melee range.
- Continue to Earth Shield the tank.
- Have anyone with axes call it out so they can be healed as soon as possible.
- At 15% pop Blood Lust for that last bit of the fight.
- Pop another mana pot or drop mana tide to get enough mana to finish the fight.
It sounds relatively easy, but it isn’t. Prince himself is not difficult and can be managed affectively, it is the infernals that are the issue. The randomness of these infernals can turn a near perfect kill into a wipe. If you keep wiping due to infernals do not get down on yourself or the raid group. It isn’t your fault and there is nothing you can do to prepare or counteract it. I myself have been in a number of raids where each infernal would land on our location. Our guild has even been told a number of times that we have the worst luck on infernals that people have ever seen. Just make sure to communicate and move.
Another point where you might have issues is when you are moving locations and healing on the tank is interupted. If you think there any chance that the tank might die during the move, pop Nature’s Swiftness and get a heal off mid run to top the tank off.
Hopeuflly this guide has helped you take down prince. Again, this isn’t a full encounter guide and for more detail of the fight as a whole, please visit Bosskillers.com, your one stop shop foryou’re your boss killing needs. The next two guides will focus on the dragons of Karazhan Netherspite and my personal nemisis, Nightbane.