This is part five of my short Resto-Shaman guides to Karazhan. Today we focus on the Curator.
Now that the front of Karazhan is cleared, it is now time to hit the back door and make your way to your first boss, the Curator. Technically Nightbane would be the first, but I will be dealing with him in a guide later. Now this fight has no need for any special shaman tricks, your job will primarily be raid heals during the spark phases. The one thing to note is that is a very mana intensive fight and you will need to keep an eye on your mana usage as well as manage your mana regen abilities as much as possible to avoid being OOM during the last 10% of the fight.
Note: Arcane resistance is a big help on this fight, it isn’t absolutely necessary though.
- Earth Shield the Tank and keep it up on him at all times, this will normally be the only thing you will be casting on the main tank.
- Drop standard Totems bases on your group make up (Caster vs Melee).
- Keep the raid topped off with Chain Heal, make sure not to let them get too low since a bad spark could end up killing 1/3 of your raid.
- When Curator is below 20% and in evocation, pop blood lust. Timing is everything, you don’t want to blood Lust when he is not in his evocation stage.
- Pop a mana pot when your mana is at 70%-75%, usually this will allow you to get another pot in during the end of the fight.
- During evocation sit back and regen some mana, if needed drop mana tide if the casters are getting low on mana, especially the main tank healers. If done early enough you might have another opportunity to drop it again during the end of the fight.
- If you are seeing DPS is a little slow, you can drop your Fire Elemental Totem to help out with DPS, it won’t be much but any little bit helps.
This isn’t a very difficult fight, but healing/mana management is the key. This will be a good test of your ability to handle raid heals and management of your mana pool. It may take a couple of times to get it down, but it will come with time.
Resto Shama Loot: